I am so excited to be hosting Bread Baking Day #36 this month! For those of you who are not familiar with BBD, it is a monthly event for "passionate and to-be bread bakers" that was created by the lovely Zorra of Kochtopf. A new theme for the month is chosen by the current host...and all you have to do is bake some bread according to that month's theme and send it in for a roundup at the end of the month! Check out the BBD #35 roundup which was hosted by Ayeesha at A Taste of Pearl City to get your baking juices flowing! Are you ready to find out the theme for BBD #36?
Our theme is:
Yes. Bread baked with CORN...in ANY FORM, such as (but not limited to) cornmeal (white, yellow, blue), corn flour, masa harina, popcorn, hominy, cornstarch, corn syrup, whole corn, grits, polenta, masa harina, or maize. Or perhaps a combination? Just be sure that it is a BREAD. I can't wait to see what you come up with!
- Bake some bread (yeasted or not, flat bread, sweet or savory, loaf, round) that includes CORN in ANY FORM.
- Post about it on your blog with a link back to THIS post (including a link to past BBD events at Kochtopf would be nice, also). Use of the logo is optional.
- You may submit as many breads as you'd like during the month, as long as they meet the criteria.
- Your recipe may be in any language, but an English version would be appreciated.
- If you don't have a blog, but would like to participate, please email me all of the pertinent information and you'll be included in the roundup.
- Email me your entries: girlichef (at) yahoo (dot) com and include:
~Your location (Country)
~Your blog's name and URL
~The name of your bread and the permalink to the specific post you're submitting
~Attach a photo of any size (or just give me permission to "pull" one from your post)
~Indicate BBD#36: Corny Breads in the subject line
- Deadline for submission is: February 1, 2011
Check out the roundup here: