I have the same sort of deal at a local Mexican joint. Actually, here - the whole family does. The guy in the kitchen sees us coming in, gives a nod and a wave, and starts our order. Five to ten minutes before the waitress even brings it to him. I swear we're not boring. We (especially me) love trying new foods. Even new restaurants. But there are those few restaurants where one dish prevails.
I'm not gonna lie. I'm the same way at Arby's. I've loved the same thing since high school (and let's just say that this year marks 20 years since I graduated...ssshhhh). I think high school lunch period was, like, 55 minutes long. Once the bell rang you darted for the door and whichever friend had a car. You make a beeline for the restaurant of the day. You ate as fast as you possibly could (to this day, I still call fast-eating "high school lunch syndrome"). Then you'd get back to school in time for the second half of your day.
Back then the main concern was budget (or lack of it). I would always order a regular roast beef sandwich, curly fries, and a Jamocha shake. The bun would come off, and since I couldn't decide which one I liked better, half of the sandwich would get Horsey sauce, and the other half would get Arby's sauce. My fries would get the same treatment. And don't even get me started on those Jamocha shakes (YUM).
Now, I have tried some other sammies from Arby's. And enjoyed them. But I just don't think you can beat their plain roast beef!
- Arby’s KING’S HAWAIIAN roast beef sandwich: a soft and slightly sweet King's Hawaiian Bun that is piled high with an extra helping of that perfectly slices roast beef that Arby's is known for.
- Arby's KING'S HAWAIIAN roast beef & swiss sandwich: same as above, but with the addition of Swiss cheese, crisp pickles, and a creamy Dijon spread.
I couldn't NOT "do my thang". I crave that roast beef with a strip of Arby's sauce...a strip of Horsey sauce...and a strip of Three Pepper Sauce (which since it's introduction has earned its place right alongside those other two sauces I can't choose between)! All I can say is that the addition of the King's Hawaiian bun was the icing on the cake. I'm glad I went early in the lunch hour, because I think I was making loud happy noises with each bite. I just kinda needed to be alone with my King's Hawaiian Roast Beef Sandwich.
Speaking of Hawaii... Do you want to surf in paradise? (Yes, that is a totally rhetorical question.) Arby's is hosting a Hawaiian Getaway sweepstakes, and you could win a royally delicious trip for two to Hawaii!
- Round-trip air transportation for winner and guest
- Four nights hotel accommodations at The Hilton Hawaiian Village
- Fresh Flower Lei greeting upon arrival to Honolulu Airport
- Premium group lesson for winner and guest at Hawaiian Fire Surf School
- Choice of either a Luau for two at the Hilton Hawaiian Village or a Catamaran Cruise
- Car rental for your entire stay
- $500.00 American Express Gift Card