Actually, I'm looking all the way back to Season 1:Episode 19 for today's recipe. I've been craving pancakes something fierce since I haven't been able to press play for the past 5 days. I've been dreaming about Luke's. Or maybe it's just withdrawal. Either way, the mood called for a breakfast that would ogle me.
Like Lorelai, I don't really want my eggs served on top of my pancakes. However, I don't mind moving them to the side all by myself to make way for butter and syrup. Although any excuse to make Luke come back to my table couldn't be all that bad.
Episodes watched:S6:E1 "New and Improved Lorelai"
S6:E2 "Fight Face"
S6:E3 "The Ungraduate"
S6:E4 "Always a Godmother, Never a God"
S6:E5 "We've Got Magic to Do"
S6:E6 "Welcome to the Dollhouse"
S6:E7 "Twenty-One Is The Loneliest Number"
S6:E8 "Let Me Hear Your Balalaikas Ringing Out"
S6:E9 "The Prodigal Daughter Returns"
S6:E10 "He's Slippin' 'Em Bread...Dig?"
S6:E11 "The Perfect Dress"
S6:E12 "Just Like Gwen and Gavin" (YIKES!)
S6:E13 "Friday Night's Alright For Fighting"
S6:E14 "You've Been Gilmored"
S6:E15 "A Vineyard Valentine"
S6:E16 "Bridesmaids Revisited"
S6:E17 "I'm OK, You're OK"
S6:E18 "The Real Paul Anka"
S6:E19 "I Get a Sidekick out of You"
S6:E20 "Super Cool Party People"
S6:E21 "Driving Miss Gilmore"
Episodes left: 23
This week's cravings and obsessions:
- Zima toast under the gazebo. Sigh. I seriously wanted to use Zima in a recipe, but after looking around a bit, I found out that Zima is only sold in Japan now. Boo. However, I came across this recipe for making your own Zima (or fairly close)! Now I just need to stock up on Jolly Ranchers. "We should drink Zima and have sex every single night." -Lorelai
- Dark Chocolate S'mores wedding cake
- Milkshakes ("hit me!")
- Mrs. Kim's Kimchi Dumplings
- Lorelai brought Luke some duck sausage rolls. I LOVE Duck Sausage Rolls!
- Gil singing Hollaback Girl. ha ha ha ha ha ha!
- Homemade kimchi at the Kim's. I want one or two of those big ol' jars for myself at the beginning of episode 19.
The coffee talk:
- "It's your butt Luke, it's your butt!" Fate in a vintage cake topper.
- Does Luke use the mugs that are in the cubbies behind the counter, or are they just decoration? It reminds me of a doughnut shop that we used to visit where regulars had their own mug pegs on a wall for their coffee cups. If I owned a small coffee shop or cafe, I'd want to do something along the same lines.
- Michel. He's snarky. He's sarcastic. He's snarcastic.
- Is it crazy that the reappearance of pot roast makes me feel a bit of smug satisfaction?
- Jesssssssss! I'm such a baby, just seeing Rory and Jess together made me cry a little. Plus, he wrote a book. I'm so glad that Jess called Rory on her shit...and Logan on his.
- Luke's a scorpio. I'm a scorpio. That's all.
- I'm having a hard time believing that Luke wouldn't have told Lorelai when he found out that he had a daughter. He loves her and Rory, and I think he would have looked to her for support and guidance...and she would have given it to him. Not too pleased with how that was written.
- Ooooof course Christopher and Logan get along.
- They like to "reuse" actors. Sherilyn Fenn. Alex Borstein. Marion Ross. Samantha Shelton (had to look her real name up). There were a couple of others, as well.
- Okay, so, that final episode of the season was heartbreaking. Why WHy WHY did they write it like that? I still believe that Luke would have...should have...married Lorelai happily, knowing that she's great with April and would continue to be. They better get back together damnit.
Okay, I know I complained about the writing when it came to Luke's character post-April. I think it's a cop-out. What's so wrong with Lukelai living happily ever after? However, I do like the way that the writers (and actors) are able to give what could be entirely unlikeable characters, likeable traits. I didn't really want to like Logan...but I kind of did. Kind of. Don't get me wrong, I'm still Team Jess all the way, but Logan could be charming and even good sometimes.
I can't believe that I only have one season to go. I hope you'll continue to join me as I keep posting a Wednesday coffee klatch post until A Year in the Life is released on Netflix...and probably for a little bit after since that will need some discussion. Don't forget to drop by and chat with Sarah and see her Poached Pear Salad recipe, as well!