It's usually the simple pleasures that delight me the most. I'm constantly amazed by the product of time and temperature. Slowly simmering fruit and a bit of spice can yield a jar of rich, silky fruit butter (like this Cardamom Pear Butter). Roasting broccoli and cauliflower takes both of those humble veggies to a whole different level. Pureed fruit and a low, slow heat produces chewy and sweet fruit leather. Duck legs wiling the day away in a bath produce meat so meltingly tender it just falls into your fingers at the lightest touch (like these Asian-inspired Braised Duck Legs). Nothing more than time, steady heat, and its own rendered fat can turn pork into the most flavorful Carnitas you'll ever taste. It's kind of amazing.
So is the recipe, simple as it may be, worth sharing? You bet it is.
Roasted Grapes with Thyme
Roasting grapes brings out their natural sweetness; a drizzle of olive oil adds richness, while a hint of fresh thyme lingers in the background. Try adding them to your next cheese plate!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Keywords: roast appetizer condiment side dairy-free vegan sugar-free soy-free nut-free grapes
Ingredients (~1 quart)
- 2 pounds seedless red grapes (or black)
- small handful fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 425° F.
Set the grapes on a rimmed baking sheet (on or off the stem, it's up to you). Scatter the thyme sprigs around, then drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Toss everything around a bit, making sure everything is coated with oil.
Slide into preheated oven and roast until the grapes have caramelized in spots and started to burst, 30 minutes or so, shaking the pan once or twice during roasting. Let cool slightly before serving.
Refrigerate any leftover grapes in an airtight container once completely cool for 2-3 days.
- Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Grape Sauce from Rachel Cooks
- Roasted Acorn Squash with Onion, Grapes, and Thyme from Very Culinary
- Roasted Chorizo, Grapes, Rice & Lentil Skillet Dinner from Foxes Love Lemons
- Roasted Grape + Goat Cheese Flatbread from Healthy Delicious
- Roasted Grape Margarita from Sweet Life
- Roasted Grapes and Sausage from The Slow Roasted Italian
- Rosemary Roasted Chicken with Roasted Grapes from in sock monkey slippers
- Seared Pork with Roasted Grapes from Bev Cooks
- Wild Rice with Roasted Grapes and Walnuts from oh my veggies