Tampopo is a food-centric 1985 Japanese comedy whose publicity dubbed it the first "Ramen Western" as a play on the popular Spaghetti Western. Apparently there are now a bunch of ramen restaurants around the world that bear the name Tampopo (which means dandelion seed).
Something that I found really cool is that Tampopo was referred to many times in our December 2010 Food 'n Flix pick, The Ramen Girl, and one of the stars of Tampopo, Tsutomu Yamazaki, made a cameo in the film (though I didn't realize it at the time).
1. Watch Tampopo. Taking inspiration from the film, head into the kitchen and cook or bake or make something (food or drink).
2. Post about it on your blog with a link back to THIS post and a link to Food 'n Flix. Use of the logo is optional.
3. Your post must be current (during month of film) or updated with required info and reposted this month. And of course we don't mind if your post is linked to other events...the more the merrier.
4. Have fun with it!
5. Email your entries to me at: heather (at) allroadsleadtothe (dot) kitchen and include:
- Your name
- Your blog's name and URL
- The name of your dish and the permalink to the specific post you're submitting
- Attach a photo of any size (or just give me permission to "pull" one from your post)
- Indicate "Food 'n Flix Submission" in the subject line
Deadline for submission is: April 28 (by the end of the day wherever you are)
*I will post a roundup of all the Tampopo inspired dishes a day or two after the deadline!