by Heather Schmitt-Gonzalez / Tuesday, October 1, 2013
Rustic Potato Buns/Rolls
But the great thing about the group is that, even if you are unable to participate on "reveal day", you have the whole month to bake up some bread (yeasted or quick) according to the theme, post about it, and join in by adding your post to the linky tool at the bottom of the posts!
This month, we were challenged to bake up a loaf of bread or rolls/buns, that contained some sort of root vegetable. This one came easy. I had been planning to bake up a batch of this rustic potato bread that my family loves so much, anyway. But instead of making loaves, I decided to try my hand at turning the dough into buns/rolls.
But no matter the form that this dough takes, lovers of soft, pillowy potato bread will be in heaven!
- Caramelized Vidalia Onion Focaccia by Lora at Savoring Italy
- Carrot, Apple & Walnut Bread by Anne at From My Sweet Heart
- Carrot Bread by Rossella at Ma che ti sei mangiato
- Carrot Cake Breakfast Bread by Dionne at Try Anything Once Culinary
- Garlic Herb Mini Rolls by Kathya at Basic N Delicious
- Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Biscuits by Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious
- Onion-Bacon Fantans by Holly at A Baker's House
- Parmesan Garlic Rolls by Alice at Hip Foodie Mom
- Potato Bread by Liz at That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Potato Onion Dill Bread by Karen at Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Rustic Potato Buns by Heather at All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
- Sweet Potato Quick Bread by Renee at Magnolia Days
Michiana-based food writer with a fondness for garlic, freshly baked bread, stinky cheese, dark beer, and Mexican food—who believes that immersing herself in different cultures one bite at a time is the best path to enlightenment.