So, since today is the official start of the #10DaysofTailgate, what better thing to share than a finger-lickin' batch of wings? These particular wings are simple. Beyond simple. With only three other ingredients (one of which is optional), I should probably say embarrassingly simple. But hey, they're too good not to share. Plus, they feature one of our awesome #10DaysofTailgate sponsors, Not Ketchup!
Spiced Fig = Instantly Smitten. This fruit ketchup is slightly tangy and slightly sweet, and my bottle is entirely empty. I rinsed it out and put it back on the shelf, but as of yet, it's not automatically regenerating. And for some reason, I couldn't get the idea of combining it with garlic and slathering on wings out of my head. So, that was exactly what I did.
So, how 'bout you? What's your favorite wing sauce? Feel free to leave me links; I have a whole pinterest board of them, and when the craving strikes, we eat them non-stop for long periods of time. I'm always looking for more to add to it!
Spiced Fig and Garlic Chicken Wings
You won't be able to eat just one of these finger-lickin' good chicken wings smothered in a sweet fig and garlic sauce.
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes (+ 6 hours unattended)
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Keywords: bake appetizer entree dairy-free nut-free chicken garlic figs game day tailgating fall
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2-1/4 pounds chicken wings (or drummies)
- 1 cup Spiced Fig Not Ketchup
- 6 fat cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock or broth, optional
If you're starting with whole wings, cut the tips off of the wings. I always put them in a freezer bag (and then the freezer) to add to an upcoming batch of chicken stock.
Snip the wings in half to make "wings and drummies". Place in a large container with a lid or a gallon-sized zippered baggie.
Add the Not Ketchup and garlic to the bag and squish around to coat the chicken (or toss if in container). Cover or seal and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or up to overnight.
Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with foil, and then spray with nonstick spray.
Lift the wings out of the marinade, letting any extra fall back into the container. Set on prepared baking sheets, leaving space between. Slide into preheated oven and roast for 25 minutes.
In the meantime, scrape the marinade into a small pot and add 2 tablespoons of chicken stock (or water). Bring to a boil, then reduce to a very gentle simmer for 5 minutes, or until it has thickened back up. Remove from heat.
After 25 minutes, quickly brush a coat of sauce onto the wings (turn them, too) and return to the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until cooked through and golden in spots (use an instant read thermometer like my ThermoPop if you're not sure; they should register 165° F away from the bone).
If you like your wings extra messy, transfer them to a bowl and pour the remaining sauce over the wings; toss to coat.
#10DaysofTailgate Kick-off (aka The Program) announcement. You will also see a list of participating bloggers and our awesome sponsors.
Keep up with the tailgating fun by following the #10DaysofTailgate hashtag, and find even more tailgating recipes and inspiration on the #10DaysofTailgate Pinterest board!
Today's Tailgate Menu
- Loaded Baked Nacho Supreme by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Baked Blueberry Pork Egg Rolls by The Pajama Chef
- Gazpacho Shooters with Spicy Shrimp by OnTheMove-In the Galley
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Meatball Sliders with BlueCheese Aioli by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure
- Soft Pretzels and Buffalo Cheese Dip by Things I Make (for Dinner)
- Cheesy Bean Dip by Making Miracles
- Garden Fresh Salsa by Eliot’s Eats
- Pineapple Salsa by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Devilish 7-Layer Dip by Miss Laura’s Kitchen
- War Eagle Sangria by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Spicy Strawberry Bourbon Shooters by CafeTerraBlog
- Iowa Sunrise by From Gate to Plate
- Deviled Egg Potato Salad by Cooking In Stilettos
- El Diablo’d Lamb Lollipops by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Ginger Chicken Kabobs by Summer Scraps
- Chili by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Spiced Fig and Garlic Chicken Wings by All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
- Baked Mac and Cheese with Bacon Pretzel Topping by Debbi Does Dinner Healthy
- Asian Duck Sliders by Curious Cuisiniere
- Pineapple Chile Lime Wings by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches by Love and Confections
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Brownies by The Spiffy Cookie
Our generous sponsors are providing the prizes free of charge. Participating bloggers may have received product related to these brands to use for #10DaysofTailgate. All opinions stated are their own.