A Christmas Story is a classic (I think) holiday movie that conjures up memories of tongues stuck to frozen metal poles, huge red bars of soap to wash out a "dirty" mouth, and snowsuits so puffy you can barely move, but does it make you think food?
I know I can think of a few obvious scenes—mommy's little piggy, a turkey being carried off by the dogs, and the Chop Suey Palace are what immediately come to mind. But there's all sorts of inspiration to be offered up, such as the setting and the season. And for the more adventurous and inventive, some of the "key" movie scenes are just ripe for the taking.
As always, everybody is welcome to join in! All you need to do is watch A Christmas Story and then into the kitchen and cook or bake up something inspired by it. Put it into a blog post (more details below) and have fun!
How to participate in Food 'n Flix:
- Watch the chosen film (A Christmas Story). Taking inspiration from the film, head into the kitchen and cook or bake or make something.
- Post about it on your blog with a link back to THIS post and a link to Food 'n Flix. Use of the logo is optional.
- You must post must be current (during month of film). And of course we don't mind if your post is linked to other events...the more the merrier.
- Have fun with it!
- Email your entries to me at: girlichef (at) yahoo (dot) com and include:
- Your name
- Your blog's name and URL
- The name of your dish and the permalink to the specific post you're submitting
- Attach a photo of any size (or just give me permission to "pull" one from your post)
- Indicate "Food 'n Flix Submission" in the subject line
Deadline for submission: December 28th
*watch for the roundup to be posted shortly after this deadline!
For inspiration, check out the Food 'n Flix website (click on any of the roundups listed to see what participants have been inspired to make by the movie choice), all of my past Food 'n Flix posts, or my Food 'n Flix Pinterest board!