This year I brought a dozen each of three different kinds. My Brown Butter Blueberry Crumb Muffins (which I always promise you the recipe for and still haven't shared) and Cinnamon-Sugar Donut Muffins are "required", but I wanted to throw in another kind this year. My swimmer loves banana bread and muffins, so I decided that these Banana Streusel Muffins were the way to go.
These tender muffins are loaded with banana flavor and topped in an irresistible streusel. They were the first to disappear. If he weren't a senior, I'm thinking I'd have three required kinds of muffins to bring next year. Alas, that duty will pass to another parent. Fortunately, we can still enjoy them any time we like. And so can you.
Banana Streusel Muffins
These tender muffins are packed with banana flavor and topped with a crumbly, crunchy streusel.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 18-20 minutes
Keywords: bake breakfast snack soy-free vegetarian bananas American
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 very ripe bananas, pureed or mashed well
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted cold butter, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of fine sea salt
Preheat oven to 375° F. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
Put all of the ingredients for the topping into a mini food processor and pulse until you have crumbs. Using your fingers, squeeze the mixture into large streusel-like crumbs and scatter evenly over batter.
Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
-adapted from AllRecipes
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday, can be found on our home page.
- Bacon Cheddar Corn Muffins from Making Miracles
- Banana Cranberry Muffins from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Banana Streusel Muffins from All Roads from Lead to the Kitchen
- Healthy Morning Glory Muffins from Farm Fresh Feasts
- Lemon Ricotta Muffins from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Savory Corn Bread Muffins from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Sticky Toffee Bran Muffins from Food Lust People Love