With St. Paddy's Day less than 3 weeks away, the Progressive Eats bloggers have come together this month to share a menu fit for the occassion. Whether you want something traditional, something with an Irish twist, or something green—we've got some recipes that you're bound to enjoy!
In my quest to add more side dish recipes here on the blog, I signed up to bring this simple creamed cabbage with bacon that is adapted slightly from Rachel Allen, who I was fortunate to meet (along with husband, Isaac and mother-in-law, Darina) when I visited Ballymaloe in County Cork, Ireland back in 2012.
I've made several things inspired directly from my visit, including this brown bread, this whiskey and cherry ice cream, and this whiskey-soaked fruit cake. I didn't actually eat any cabbage while I was there, though I did have plenty of amazing Irish bacon. However, I can't (easily or cheaply) get my hands on good Irish bacon, so I used regular streaky bacon (which is what Rachel's original recipe calls for anyway).
Irish recipes and the rest of the menu below for more St. Paddy's Day recipe ideas!
That Skinny Chick Can Bake. We have a full menu of dishes including appetizers, sides, an entree and desserts. You’ll certainly find a delicious recipe to add to your holiday table!
If you're unfamiliar with the concept, a progressive dinner involves going from house to house, enjoying a different course at each location. With Progressive Eats, a theme is chosen each month, members share recipes suitable for a delicious meal or party, and you can hop from blog to blog to check them out.
St. Patrick’s Day Recipes
- Smoked Salmon Stuffed Baby Potatoes from The Redhead Baker
- Spinach Feta Rugelach from Mother Would Know
- Hot Cocoa with Baileys and Coconut Whipped Cream (Dairy-Free) from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Spicy Lamb Cobbler from Spice Roots
- Irish Soda Biscuits with Caraway and Thyme from OMG! Yummy
- Bacon and Leek Irish Colcannon (Gluten-Free) from The Heritage Cook
- Cabbage with Bacon and Cream from All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
- Key Lime Pie with Graham Cracker Crust from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Irish Whiskey Cake from Creative Culinary